Posted to alt.home.repair
dicko dicko is offline

Default Oxalic acid?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 04:23:34 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I have some dark water stains on my hardwood oak flooring that I would
want to remove. I read here that oxalic acid is a good way to approach
this.

The problem is I cannot find any. At Home Depot they looked at me like
I awas from another planet and had never heard of it.

Does it perhaps have another name so I can find some?

TIA

Some deck cleaners are oxalic acid. There's usually the bleach based
cleaners and then the oxalic acid based cleaners and then the lye
based cleaners. Read the labels to get the right one.

If the floor has any kind of finish on it, all bets are off as to what
will happen.

-dickm