Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default Ms Palin's bookery

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 16:20:05 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Nowhere have I said I wish to impose my religious beliefs - if any -
upon anyone. I wish to not pay for infanticide. I don't care what
the "courts have found in the matter". I prefer not to be a party
to murder. This apparently doesn't bother you much, and I'm not
saying you can or should be entirely prevented from doing so. I'm
saying I ought not to have to pay for it.

Since you define it as murder, it is murder? Tim, you seem to have no
tolerance for opposing points of view. I have no desire to force any

I have no tolerance for killing people that cannot defend themselves.

woman to have an abortion, even though in my view it's not murder. But
you would prevent women who disagree with you to abide by your views.

That is correct. Just like I want to prevent thief from stealing in
a bank, or a common thug from shooting my while walking down the street.
Personal rights are not boundless. They have legitimate limitations.
A woman's right to "choose" cannot supercede a human's very right to
exist.

Why can't you live by your views and let others live by theirs. By all
means argue the point, but try a little tolerance for the opinions of
others. You are NOT infallible.

It is exactly because I am not infallible that I take this position.
I don't know when a fetus becomes human - no one does. A decent
and civil society thus takes the most careful possible view of this -
acknowledging that we don't know this moment - and extends citizenship
to that unborn child as soon as possible so as to prevent murder.
Is every abortion murder - I'd guess not (but I don't know). But
I think it is indisputable that some, or even many, are. I watch in
horror as the execrable political left has defended third trimester
abortions with a song in their vile little hearts and spring in their
step.

Yes, I know. You'll bring up that tired rant about not wanting to pay for
it. I think others have answered that one pretty well.

No one has answered it even remotely well. Let's review. Making me
pay for abortion is:

1) Un-Constitutional because this is no an enumerated right of the govt.
2) Forcing me to act in what I believe to be an immoral manner

So, it is both illegal and immoral.

BTW, I took a look at our library budget. It's just under $10 million for
2008. The great majority of revenue is local property taxes plus some
contract fees from local cities without their own library system and some
interest earnings. A total of $161,000 is listed as miscellaneous. Some
of that is book sales, some from fines, but lets give your view the
benefit of the doubt and say that about $150,000 is government grants.
That's roughly 1.5% of the budget. Or, if prorated, thank you for your
contribution of 5 cents to our library. I'll think of you every week when
I go there :-).

I have no objection to local taxation for schools, libraries, and so
on. I object specifically to the *Federal* government being involved
as it has no legal power to do so.
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/