Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Harmon David Harmon is offline

Default Did you ever notice that it never happens...

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 23:59:44 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking, Bruce
L. Bergman wrote,
Did you ever notice that when the power window switch fails, it
NEVER fails with the window in the Up position, it's Down...

No. In fact, the one time it might have made a difference to me,
the windows were all UP.

I was a freshman in college, riding along on a trip to Ensenada with
some guys when the driver locked the keys in the trunk. Old Ford
Thunderbird, if I recall correctly. So I did what any of you would
have done, I'm sure. I found a piece of fence wire on the ground,
borrowed a pair of pliers from the proprietor of the store we were
stopped at, and hotwired the car so we could get home.

The trouble started when the driver could not lower the window to
talk to the border guard. Made him suspicious, I think. Did you
ever try to come across the border from Mexico into the US in a
hotwired car? Even more suspicious. But the real sticking point
was when the driver told him sorry, we can't open the trunk for you.

Not recommended.