Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Low Divided Kitchen Sinks & Cast Iron?????

Norminn wrote:
infiniteMPG wrote:

We have been looking at kitchen sinks and it seems a big thing out
there lately is the sinks with the low divider wall between the
sections. I can see the point of this as I hate it when you place a
pan in a regular deep sink and the handle keeps it up on a steep
angle. The low divider supposedly makes it easier to lay a pot or
pan
in. Occasionally we fill one side of the sink with hot water and
soap
and wash some odd things by hand rather then trusting the dishwasher
with them (or they just don't fit). Seems with the low divider you
can't easily wash in one side and rinse in the other. Are we missing
something here or is there a way to hand wash dishes in these low
divider sinks? It seems the full divider sinks average about 8" deep
while the low divider sinks can be had up to 9" deep. We like the
deep sinks but still tossing on the divider height.

Also, any cons against cast iron porcelin coated sinks with sound
deadening? We want a while sink but heard of issues with white
granite sinks and also with plastic ones.

All suggestions greatly appreciated!

I like my trust stainless sink .. med depth? I prefer handwashing
dishes unless there is a major
company feast. We have a high arch faucet, which fills anything. If I
want to soak a pot, I just
fill it and set on counter while I do the rest of the dishes. When
baking or cooking, I always
have a sink full to wash things as I go and clean up afterward.

I would not want to go back to cast iron sink, as they chip and seem to
erode too soon. I also
like the rim of the stainless sink being on top of the counter.

The thing I hate about cast iron is that
every aluminum or metal pot deposits
its mark on the porcelain finish. And,
it's hard to get rid of it. BTW, I have
found that magic erasers work good for this.