Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default DIY backyard pond with fountain - for swimming?

wrote in news:eff3d385-53ff-46d0-b625-0f530ec36243
@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

hi,
At my place of work they had some flowerbeds which they turned into
small fountain / ponds.. They dug them up, put down liner and rocks,
installed a pump then hid it, put in a drain if the water gets too
high and it was done. Looked easy and Im going to do the same in my
backyard. I had a thought, why not make the basin a bit deeper, maybe
the size of a hottub, then I could jump in it from time to time and
cool off in the summer. Would I need a special filter for this? does
anyone sell a standalone heater and jets to make it a hot tub pond?

Here, in violation of my own comments about scuzzy water, I am using a
rubber ducky wash thingy. Portion of a pond I built over a decade ago.

You should have seen the cat the first spring when the ice thawed to the
point it would no longer support it's weight. I was so fortunate to be
there and see it. I renamed the cat Jesus Christ seeing that I learned it
could walk, well run, on water. Actually I used to break the surface
often to avoid the animal from possibly going under and getting trapped.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dlgrhj&s=4