Colin Swan

Default Poxy Potterton boiler again...

During the winter I had a lot of problems with my Potterton Suprima
going into lockout, which was resolved with a new PCB (thanks Geoff!).
Now it is only doing water heating, it has started locking out again,
but we don't notice now until we run out of hot water :-(

What happens now is that the red LED is flashing, so I reset it. It
starts the fan, then you hear the spark (sparks a number of time,
which the old PCB apparently didn't), but it does not ignite. It will
then try again, and usually succeeds on the second attempt.

So, any ideas on what the problem could be? Even if I have to end up
calling in an engineer, I'd like to be pre-armed with some info.

On a related subject, the boiler is in my new downstairs cloakroom on
the wall above the short soil stack. The stack has been boxed in, with
the boxing continued up to the ceiling, so that it also covers the
side of the boiler. As this interferes with the boiler cover and will
need to be cut away to allow service access, I am thinking of building
a cupboard around the boiler. Are there any regs to do with this? Any
advice on how much space to leave around, ventilation, etc?

Thanks.

Regards,

Colin Swan
Nildram Operations