Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT:Ms Palin's bookery Coda

"jo4hn" wrote in message
m...
jo4hn wrote:
[snip]

First of all, thank you all for your contributions. Secondly, my
apologies for not labeling this exercise OT.

Having watched Ms Palin give her speech, I was struck by her ability
to breathe life into the crowd. She actually said little beyond
McCain good, Obama evil, me hockey mom; having been given little
policy by the RNC. Since then she has not been allowed in public
unless she was in the company of McCain and RNC functionaries. I
was curious to see what the wRECkers thought about the erstwhile
administration and rather than ask a direct question, I threw out
the lure.

My thoughts on results are that wooddorkers generally are not
convinced that the Reds are going to do much more than continue the
Bush track concerning the war, education, the war, etc. One major
problem, of course, is that little policy has been presented in any
form. Reading the platform gives some information. For example,
the chapter on education promotes abstinence education, voluntary
prayer in schools (!) and to have access to school property for
bible study and the like, and what appears to be vouchers. Speeches
are of no use: they like blogs focus on misstatements of the
intentions of the Blues. Nor is there much clarity on the wedge
issues like abortion, gay rights, flag burning, etc., McCain having
modified his stand on most.

And for the curious out there, I did check with snopes.com the day I
sent out this little gem and it was not listed. Did I suspect it
would be? Yup. Did it anyway.

If anyone has a good source for clear, concise information from
either party (did I say that?) please communicate same. In the
meantime, make sawdust, enjoy it, and don’t let the toolbugs bite.
mahalo,
jo4hn