Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default Ms Palin's bookery

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
On Sep 9, 11:55 am, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Phil Again wrote:
I, for one, am deeply concerned about a (any) President using the office
to impose, and thus enforce, by Presidential decree and administrative
action the beliefs and theology of a specific denomination. The creation
of an ipso-facto state religion.

There is not now, nor has there ever been any serious risk of that in
the US. It is a red herring thrown out by the lifestyle liberals and
various anti-religionists. If anything, American culture and government
today are *less* religious than at any time in our history.

To the contrary, a variant of Christianity was a de-facto State
religion for a very long time. Consider the Sunday blue laws
and the kidnapping of Hopi Indian children.

--

FF

You like to call it a "variant of Christianity". I all it
"unfettered rule by the majority" ... which is, of course,
execrable. It is to that same majority rule that others in thread
appeal when they wish to further anoint the Federal government with
power - also execrable.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/