Posted to rec.woodworking
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default Ms Palin's bookery

On Sep 9, 4:30*pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
DGDevin wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

You can easily remove my ability to influence the content of the
library by having the government ceasing make me pay for it.

Some people object to their taxes being used to fund the military, should
they be allowed to opt-out of contributing to the defense budget? *Obviously

No - because running the military is an explicitly enumerated task of
the Federal government in the Constitution, but libraries are not.

Actually, the Constitution only authorizes an Army and a Navy. There
is
no blanket authorization for a 'military', certainly none for any
branch that
is not part of one or the other (e.g. Air Force).

Regardless, neither can be funded for more than two years.

--

FF