Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default OT Looks like T Boone has switched from win to natural gas

If I understand it correctly, CNG is a Liquid form of NG. Similar to
LPG or propane. That bums me out! I was hopping to just fill up a car
with NG that I have piped into my home. My home NG is in the gaseous
state, not compressed liquefied state that a CNG .

I really would like to get away from the Gas Station routine of filling
up my car. After all these years of pumping gas at a station, I would
be willing to give that up for sake of Energy Independence.

{with tongue in cheek} Maybe a Sears power tool that would hook up to
my home's NG, compress the the NG and pump the liquid CNG to my car.
Keep the compressor in the garage, right next to the Lawn Mower.

CNG is compressed to about 3000psig but it is still in vapor form.It is
not liquified at these pressures. It's range is limited because of this
so it requires filling the tank(s) frequently.It takes about 4 hours of
filling to get enough cng to drive 50 miles. The compressor is available
for home use but is expensive and requires rebuilding about every 6000
hours of operation. After 24000 hours (3 rebuilds) it needs to be
replaced.

What?? Wikipedia might have something Wrong??? OMG, will the sky fall
down tonight???

But seriously, thanks for the info. I didn't know about the 3K psi vapor
pressure. Thanks.