Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default DIY backyard pond with fountain - for swimming?

jim wrote:

On Sep 9, 10:57*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

-snip-
*A veggie filter will keep the water clear.

no it won't. It might help. Water that recirculates will need to
"cycle". As a result the good bacteria eats the bad. For this you need
a bio filter.

Thanks for the correction. I'm new to the pond scene and conflated
the two filters in my head.

I think I'm doing it for real in my little wading pond- I've created a
gravel lined 'bog' which I'm filling with plants and will be trickling
water through. The main suspended stuff gets filtered in a
skimmer/waterfall- both with bio rocks in them.

Too soon to see if I'm doing *anything* right, but the dog likes it &
it has been fun.

Jim