Posted to sci.electronics.repair
z z is offline

Default Fifty year-old Sanyo transistor radio still works perfectly -should I be surprised?

On Sep 8, 8:42*am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:20:31 GMT, (Graz) wrote:
Hand-soldered, 9-transistor Sanyo radio still works perfectly after 50
years! *

What is the most likely failure mode of similar radios - dry joints?

If the radio only plays oldies and 1950's rock-n-roll, you have a
problem.

Dry joints? *I've never had to lubricate my solder connections.

around here the dry joints are the ones with strippers, the
authorities don't want those joints lubricated.