Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default Ms Palin's bookery

.... If anything, American culture and government
today are *less* religious than at any time in our history.

Which is a grand and glorious thing!!! I hope the Federal Government
keeps it up.

There is no
Constitutionally enumerated power for the Federal government to fund
*any* education. Doing so is an arrogation of power to the Feds that
properly belongs in the hands of "the people and the states."

Ah, no, you are wrong. The Constitution gives Congress the power to pass
legislation, and if the President signs the legislation it is law. Any
Law Congress chooses to pass. The Federal Courts may review the
constitutionality of laws and regulation. Unless there is a
unconstitutionality decision by the courts, the statues stand and can be
enforced. The Congress has every *right* to fund education, sports,
parks, tree farms, oil rigs, whatever; unless a law is reviewed and
declared unconstitutional by the courts the law stands.

...... Oh, and BTW, as a person of
pretty deep principle and conviction on the matter, you and yours are
violating *my* civil rights when you make me pay for your infanticide.

How? Your civil rights are divorced from you religious beliefs. Where is
your constitutional right to impose your religious beliefs on the society
at large. Period. My *rights* are embedded in the current
interpretation of constitution by some very smart people (humans) who are
doing their very best to create, interpret, and make decisions I
certainly don't want to think about.

Your civil rights allow you to petition a change in the constitution. Do
so and see if you can get the required votes for passage of an
amendment. Until then, you live as a human in a human society governed
by a human created government that has an amendment that separates
religion and state.

I may be unable to understand this: the constitution was written my
humans, passed by humans, and amended by humans. No Divine inspiration
or intervention is claimed or declared. No Supreme court decision has
been inspired by Divine intervention. The laws of the USA, and the
Federal courts are of the realm of Mankind; Mundane. When, or at what
stage a fetus acquires a soul is known only to the Deity that created
that soul(s.) No human has been granted an audience with any Deity to
receive an answer to the question, no one. Therefor all humans can do is
take their best shot at a guess. I will take the written decision of the
US Supreme Court on this matter over anyone else's opinion. Because our
government is a rule of law; human laws.

.. But Obama is almost overtly Leninist in his hatred of wealth,
achievement, and success.

While you equate Obama to Lenin, I equate McBush with Mussolini.