Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Ms Palin's bookery

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

You can easily remove my ability to influence the content of the
library by having the government ceasing make me pay for it.

Some people object to their taxes being used to fund the military, should
they be allowed to opt-out of contributing to the defense budget? Obviously
that is impractical, we can't have every taxpayer micro-managing various
govt. budgets. It's not unlike letting individuals demand books be removed
from a public library, eventually you'd have few books left. If you don't
like how the govt. spends your tax dollars there are elections every few
years so you have the opportunity to elect people who will be more
responsive to your wishes. So long as the bulk of the population and their
elected representatives think publicly funded libraries are a good idea,
you'll have to learn to live with the injustice of your tax dollars being
used for things you disapprove of, just like the rest of us.