Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default That Vacuum Clamp Robatoy was talking about

Leon wrote:

I wonder if you could make a manifold to place on the top of the clamp with
multiple vacuum hoses coming out of it to provide vacuum to other simpler
vacuum clamps?

It wouldn't be difficult to make, but you might not be able to handle
much/any leakage though the workpiece. I'm fairly sure that you wouldn't
want to depend on that kind of a setup for holding, say, MDF or red oak.
Even white oak might become pretty iffy...

The catalog description implies that these are low-cfm devices. The
venturi vacuum pumps are available separately (elsewhere) and might be a
better way to go - but at that point, you might as well use a dedicated
vacuum pump and daisy-chain simple pucks (I've drilled a couple of mine
to work as T's).

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar