Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default That Vacuum Clamp Robatoy was talking about

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 18:29:09 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Holy crap!!!
I guess I skimmed over the board dimensions.. 5" piece of 1x6", BFD...
Then, I looked at the picture and saw about 4 1/2 FEET of board hanging
over..
Pretty damn impressive..

Yeah type-o. Should have been 5'.

That piece of Baltic Birch you seen in the back ground was hanging from the
clamp also, from the corner of the panel similar to the board.

Question.. Do you have to use a compressor, or could it be reversed or
re-worked
to use a vacuum pump?

I don't know for certain as I have not yet read all of the instructions, I
use a compressor and IIRC it was intended to be used with a compressor. The
exhause comes out on opposite sides and if you mount the exhaust to point
towards you it privides a pleasant breeze. ;~)