Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Octagonal aluminum bar stock?

F. George McDuffee wrote:

You may want to contact the custom aluminum extrusion houses.

Only problem with extruders is the minimums. A single 20'
length would be a several year supply. And there are two
other sizes I need to make. A 1000lb order which is a common
min. order would last for several centuries! Customer is not
unwilling to invest, but probably not for inventory that
will outlast him and his kids.... G

Think I've figured out an approach though, will just chamfer
mill short lengths of material in the mill, then turn. Not
the most efficient approach, but it's a low volume high
value part that would certainly justify it.

Jon