Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default balanced flues

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:07:01 +0000, Stephen wrote:

Hello,

I was looking at Grant boilers and see that they can have either
conventional flues or balanced flues. They do chimney lining kits but
the balanced option is £600+ whereas the conventional flue version is
£200+; that's a big difference. Is there any advantage to paying the
extra for a balanced flue or would you go conventional?

I had a couple of quotes and the plumbers seem to favour the cheaper
option.

I understand with conventional flues you have to be careful with
extractor fans. The brochure says the fans have to be installed to
BSxxxx. We have a fan and a cooker hood so what does BS xxxx involve?
Where can I find and read it?

Is this a gas, oil or solid fuel boiler?