Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default DIY backyard pond with fountain - for swimming?

wrote:
hi,
At my place of work they had some flowerbeds which they turned into
small fountain / ponds.. They dug them up, put down liner and rocks,
installed a pump then hid it, put in a drain if the water gets too
high and it was done. Looked easy and Im going to do the same in my
backyard. I had a thought, why not make the basin a bit deeper, maybe
the size of a hottub, then I could jump in it from time to time and
cool off in the summer. Would I need a special filter for this? does
anyone sell a standalone heater and jets to make it a hot tub pond?

Carl Spackler: This place got a pool?
Ty Webb: Pool and a pond... Pond be good for you