Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water heater problem

On Sep 9, 8:33*am, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:
Phil wrote:
Hi:

Need some advice on this. We have an older mobile home, 1973.
Currently on our second hot water heater, installed about 13 years
ago. It is a natural gas 30 gallon unit. *The temperature is set at a
low-warm about 120* * I am getting a slow but constant discharge
from the temperature/pressure release valve. The drain line goes
thru the floor and discharges under the home.

What now?

Put a new valve, then when you buy a new tank you can use that one on it
and not have to buy a another new one.

--
Blattus Slafaly *? 3 * * *7/8

The new tank comes with the TPR valve installed.

He can replace the valve on the old one and they don't cost $40 as
previously suggested. More like $10-15.

I'd evaluate how much damage could be expected if the 13 year old tank
goes and suddenly starts leaking. At 13 years, it's at the typical
life expectancy for a nat gas heater. It could be wise to replace
when you can get a good deal, etc, as opposed to panic mode later.