Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Looks like T Boone has switched from win to natural gas

On Sep 8, 6:50*pm, "Old and Grunpy" wrote:
"RickH" wrote in message

On Sep 8, 4:13 pm, metspitzer wrote:

OT Looks like T Boone has switched from wind to natural gas

CNG as a transportation and heating fuel makes great sense, we are
wasting CNG when we use it to make electricity. *Electricity is better

"made with nuclear" * * better my bottom end

To Mr. McCain

According to recent paper publishing you have stated that:

You are looking to build additional 45 nuclear power plants

I believe it was said by year 2020.

Dear Sir: at present time according to news media we have

77,000 tons of nuclear waste that we have no ability to get read

of, we have no way to store it, no State in the Union wanted in

their back yard, perhaps Sir we should dig couple tunnel in your

Back yard to store it.

That nuclear waste would have been either reprocessed or stored in
Yucca Montain years ago, if guys like you hadn't done everything
possible to block it.

Anywhere that is not my point, may I ask Sir

Why we can use coal, we can clean it we have technology and use

it for many years to come, but it seems to me that power hungry

politicians all they look how to make quick buck.

It's not the power hungry politicans that are blocking coal. It's
economics and guys like you who demand it be "cleaned" to such an
extent that it becomes uncompetitive compared to other alternatives.
In particular, "cleaning" it now means preventing the principle
byproduct, carbon dioxide, from entering the atmosphere, which is no
trivial matter.

A another thing

we don't want other Countries to have nuclear plants because

they can not be trusted I agree!

That's not true. We have no problem with any country using nuclear
power plants for power generation, as long as it's open to
international inspection. And as for the ones that won't co-operate
and have active nuke weapons development programs, you think they give
a damn if the US gets it's power from coal or nuclear?

But that is all based on assumptions

Yes, a lot of faulty assumptions.

that is nowhere to have good relation with any country. If we go back

*to basic and build power plants burning coal we would be solving

a more then one *problem; having better relations with some countries

that presently practically don't exists and at same time employing

more people, saving on fuel and less dependent on forging oil.

Thank you Sir.

Tony

Yeah, I'm sure the US announcing we won't build any nukes for civilan
power will have a real impact on what Iran, North Korea and Pakistan
does. You must have gone to the Jimmy Carter school of foreign
policy.

wind, hydro or coal. *I think T Boone is still
pushing wind for electricity so we could eliminate NG power
generation. *A good idea considering todays combustion engines with
computer controls can be easily re-adapted for NG and filling stations
can just as naturally add CNG pumps. *CNG is portable and produces a
lot of energy to replace gasoline and maybe diesel in medium duty
trucks. *An piston engine that can burn both CNG or gasoline is
feasible with todays technology, making NG a great clean bridge fuel
for transportation use.