Brint Keyes

Default skilsaw table saw - any good?

In article , MM
wrote:

Will this thing
dissapoint. Not looking to make furniture here, but will probably use
it as a construction tool for home projects.

I bought a different model Skil tablesaw 4 years ago as my first
powertool purchase (before I knew anything about WW or powertools). I
have to concur with some of the above posts that accuracy is a
function much to be desired. I had no trouble building myself some
solid sawhorses, e.g., but trying to get anything near an accurate
mitre cut for picture frames is maddening. I also was unable to get a
true adjustment for blade-tilt angles, no matter how much I messed
with the adjustment screws, so the machinist's square gets far more
use than I would like when setting up a cut that requires more that
1/8" accuracy.

IOW, yes, it'll cut wood -- but I'm saving my pennies for the Grizzly
1023SL.