Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Homemade 2 spindle lathe preliminary results

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:02:11 -0400, Wes wrote:

wrote:

So that with a part spinning in one spindle the second spindle can
grab it without scratching it. Then the lathe can turnthe back side of
the part.

Is this high production? Going slow or stopping would seem to solve the problem. I'm
fairly our Mazak Multiplex's and Mori ZT2500Y's are using C axis indexing and are stopped
during the transfer.

Wes

Greetings Wes,
If I go to the trouble of putting an extra spindle on the lathe I want
to change parts while the chuck is spinning. It's amazing how only a
few seconds per part on a long run can add up. So If I can get the
spindles to match speed without too much trouble I wanna do it. And
not only that either. I just plain wanna figure it out.
Cheers,
Eric