Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default Code question on generator grounding

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:54:16 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote Re Code question on generator grounding:

Get the model and make of your panel and do a search on "{make}
{model} interlock" The results will give you an idea of how the
manufacturer of your panel wants the thing to work. You can then
either find the best price on the "approved" device or, as I did,
fashion your own.

Thanks for the detailed description. I can easily visualize the
"field" modification that you made. Very creative. Nice going.

But you had better check your local codes. It's likely they will not
allow that setup. NEC et al are only starting points; then the local
guys get into the act and add their own idiocy, I mean, opinions of how
things should be.
KNOW BEFORE DOING is the proper mantra. Otherwise you could be doing
it more than once.