Posted to alt.home.repair
Old and Grunpy Old and Grunpy is offline

Default Backsplash or Tile, That is THE Question????????????

"infiniteMPG" wrote in message
We're about to purchase a granite countertop for our new cabinets, and
we are bouncing back and forth on the issue of a backsplash. We can
buy matching granite for the backsplash and tile between it and the
cabinets, or we can just tile from the countertop all the way to the
cabinets.

Tile all the way up to cabinet
"Check for radioactivity on Granite specially if you have kids"
Tony

With tiling all the way we're concerned a little about
debris getting into the mating area between the granite and the tiles,
but we figure we could seal and caulk good enough to handle this.

Just wanted to pop out here and get some opinions on which is the
better way or the most stylish way? We think the tile all the way
would look better, but the granite backsplash might have reasons we
don't readily see. Also, the granite is + $50 per square foot while
the tile is about $2 per square foot. ($400 vs. about $10 for the
backsplash area).

Thanks!