Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default DIY backyard pond with fountain - for swimming?

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:21:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

-snip-
I had a thought, why not make the basin a bit deeper, maybe
the size of a hottub, then I could jump in it from time to time and
cool off in the summer. Would I need a special filter for this? does
anyone sell a standalone heater and jets to make it a hot tub pond?

Here's a start-
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Do-It...ing-Pools.aspx

I don't think a 100 degree hot tub would be compatible with much pond
life-- but if you want parts there are always free hot tubs on Craigs
list.

Jim