Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Birth Pool Upstairs??

dennis@home wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

It is such a shame that causes of death are horribly inaccurate.
Even if, by some miracle, the doctor writes a reasonably accurate
cause, by the time that is translated into statistics, it has been
grossly corrupted. For example, a person my partner is in contact with
lost her husband
fairly recently. The immediate cause was heart failure of some sort.
But there is lots of evidence that the heart condition was a direct
consequence of thyroid disease. And who knows what caused that
thyroid disease?

Unlikely, but the certificate just might mention thyroid, however
the OPCS 'cause of death' will be heart failure.

This will contribute precisely zero to our understanding of what
really caused his death. Thyroid disease is rarely cited as a cause
or even a contributory factor.

Similar applies to smoking. There are the 'obvious' cases in which
lung cancer (for example) is held to be the direct consequence of
smoking. But there are probably far more cases in which smoking has
had consequnces which contributed to demise.

You are wasting your time talking about smoking related diseases...
it has to be a lie that smoking harms anyone..

Smoking has been proven to harm active smokers, but not passive smokers.

no normal person would inflict such problems on others so it must be
a lie.. its the only way the addicts can get a clear conscience.

That assumes there were any problems to inflict.

The same as they will manipulate the figures to claim they pay more
tax than it costs to treat them, usually by ignoring all the after
care required (its not treatment so they aren't lying in their
opinion) which is paid by social services and not by the NHS.

I think you will find clear evidence that the manipulation of figures is the
perogative of the anti smoking lobby Dennis. The USA claim 35,000 deaths in
a population of 305, 000,000, the EU claim 16,000 deaths in a population of
728,000,000. Both cannot be correct.

The NHS will only pay for the treatment of the illness while the social
services have to pay for disability conversions, sending in care
workers, etc. all of which makes the NHS bill look cheap.

So, for the umpteenth time, tell me how much this costs? We have £5.5
billion to play with after all.

The consultants and doctors know which patients are smokers without
asking.. they are the ones with bits missing.

So, you are now claiming that smoking causes limbs to fall off on a massive
scale? No doubt you have scientific evidence to support that claim?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk