Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Birth Pool Upstairs??

Mary Fisher wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
Typically in this area they don't recommend home birth for a first one.
They often offer the "DomINO" system (Domestic In Out) when at the onset
of labour the midwife comes round to your house, then accompanies you to
hospital for the actual delivery and then assuming all is well brings you
back again. That keeps total hospital time down to as little as a couple
of hours.

I can't think of anything worse for the mother.

Well can't speak for ourselves obviously, but I know some people who
went this route and thought it significantly better than traditional
hospital delivery. Mainly because of the lack of admin hassle and the
fact that you get to keep the one midwife all the way through the
process regardless of how long it takes. (this service is also usually
provided by the community midwives rather than the hospital ones...
these (in our experience) tended to be a far more agreeable lot, aided
by the fact that you had chance in the months of run up to get to know
them and build a level of trust etc)

But what does she count ...

Not as much as one would hope some of the time - again often luck of the
draw though.

--
Cheers,

John.