Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wiring GFCI help

On Sep 7, 8:34*am, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
So I just need to buy another GFCI for #2.
What do you mean by not using the load side?- Hide quoted text -

If you look on the back of a GFI outlet, the top terminals are labeled
"LINE" and the bottom terminals are labeled "LOAD".
The incoming feed goes to "LINE", then usually to feed another
circuit, you connect the outgoing feed to "LOAD". This means any
outlet downstream is protected. So if the GFI tripped, the downstream
outlets would be dead also. *\

Why would you ever ever want downstream outlets dead too?

However your situation is different. You have to basically install the
GFI's as stand alone outlets, not feeding other outlets.
But continue feeding the other outlets by just wire nutting in the box.

--
Blattus Slafaly *? 3 * * *7/8

Why would you ever ever want downstream outlets dead too?

I have 3 receptacles in my garage. The "first" is a GFCI, the other 2
are on the load side.

I can use any (or all) receptacle and have protection at each one.

In my basement bathroom, I have a light fixture over the shower stall.
It is on the load side of the GFCI, just in case...