Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave August Dave August is offline

Default Gloat and brag

Yeah Dick was one of the good ones...

I'm a 15 year member of GGLS and had many good times with him, we played
trains every where from Bitter Creek and Western to Train Mountain :-)

The *other* locomotive I'm working on was one of the logging Mikes he and
SteveVitkovis designed (and later sold to RRWH), Dick was one of the ones
who said "make it your own" and though it was pretty cool that I stretched
the frame on that to make a 2-10-2 Minaret out of it.

Yeah My wife and I are pretty lucky to have found each other... After she
got her Instrument Rating and was waffeling a bit on buying the 182 I was
the one telling her "its only money" :-)

--.- Dave

. net...

"Dave August" wrote in message
Gloat first...
Don't know if I mentioned this but a couple of weeks ago I picked up a
2-8-2 Mikado work in progress from the estate sale of long time GGLS
member and former IBLS west coast secretary Dick Thomas

I knew Dick. One of the nicest guys you could ask to meet. He'll be
sorely missed.

And the brag ain't about the helmet, it's about having a wife who buys
you cool stuff like this. :-)

I hear that! I've commented, below. You're one lucky dude! I have a
hunch she's pretty damned lucky to have you, too.

Congrats on the new toys.

Harold