Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Birth Pool Upstairs??

Kevin wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Kevin wrote:
typical smokers attitude, sure any smoker can find information to
back up this claim but I can find just as many to prove it is a
health risk heres one
Secondhand smoke accounts for at least 35,000 deaths in the U.S.
each year.

Lets look at the amazing, dreadful, shock horror figure shall we? Lets be
generous, for they say 'at least' 35,000 deaths per year. Lets assume 'at
least' means twice that number, 70,000.

The population of the USA is around 305,000,000. That works out at
0:0229% of the population.

By the way, the UK Govmint has published figures - printed on
cigarette packets, so it must be true - which state that 11,000
deaths per year are caused by passive smoking. The EU claim that
16,000 Europeans die each year due to passive smoking, again
printed on cigarette packets. Do the maths FFS. Look at the percentage
of smokers in the UK &
Europe compared to the total population.

The population of Europe is around 728 million, so thats 0:0022% of
Europeans, the UK is around 60 million, so thats 0:018%.

Wildly different figures, none of which are statistically
significant. Typical anti smokers attitude, any anti smoker can find
information
to back up his claim. Trouble is the information is a complete
bunch of crap and anti smokers allow their prejudice to overcome
their common sense.

you are just a wimping out rather than trying to give up a known
dangerous drug you chose to try and justify that its your right to
"kill you self" ********
see the light & give up the weed an prove you are a man

Typical anti smoking fascist. Repeats parrot fashion whatever he is told
because he is unable to think for himself. When faced with clear evidence
that refutes his beliefs he becomes abusive.

I have no intention of giving up thank you. Why would I wish to give up
something I regard as a great pleasure?

BTW, I don't intend to live forever. Oh, and non smokers die every day.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk