Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Water heater problem

Phil wrote:
Hi:

Need some advice on this. We have an older mobile home, 1973.
Currently on our second hot water heater, installed about 13 years
ago. It is a natural gas 30 gallon unit. The temperature is set at a
low-warm about 120* I am getting a slow but constant discharge
from the temperature/pressure release valve. The drain line goes
thru the floor and discharges under the home.

What now?

Hi,
At 13 years it is nearing end of it's life. P&T valve is known to go
bad. Also is your water hard? Then there could be lots of scale build up
inside tank. Have been flushing th tank regularly(once or twice a year)?