Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default cutting angles:

On Sep 8, 6:12 am, "sal" wrote:
Can someone explain how I can cut an 10 in. stovepipe with an 22% angle it
is for an vent pipe on an 4-12 roof .

sal

OK, step by step.

1.Get 2 long pieces of wood, join them at 90 degrees (nails are fine.)
2.With a protractor, mark off an included angle of 22 degrees on the
(imagined) vertical axis. (You are building a triangle)
3.Get another piece of wood, lay it across the created 22
degrees,check alignment where it cross the bottom bit of wood, should
be 68 degrees, (non of this is super critical)
4.Lay pipe along created top of triangle - hopefully you've made this
rough as so that the vertical bit goes past the pipe where it lines up
with the edge.
5.Bang some sort of support on the triangle, nearby tree trunk,
whatever, to stop horizontal movement of pipe on triangle..
6. With a marking pen, hold against pipe at the 22 degree angle point
you have created, rotate pipe, you now have cut line.
7 Use a 4 inch angle grinder to do the cut - if you want to get fancy,
and your angle grinder supports it via an arbor, use a thin cutoff
blade. Otherwise, hack/burn your way through with a standard angle
grinder cutting blade...

Now, hope you can follow all that - my written English aint too hot.
If you like, email me off list and I will send you a sketch.

Andrew VK3BFA.