Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Ricks Kevin Ricks is offline

Default A Safe Bet?

Ron wrote:
I can't find the circuit breakers for any of the upstair bedrooms in
this old, 1908 built house. Would it be reasonably safe to replace a
light switch wearing rubber gloves and rubber-soled shoes if it comes
down to having nno other options?

Ron

Chances are if you attempt to replace it hot, you will need to find that
breaker anyway to turn the circuit back on when you short something.

Look for a sub panel in a closet or behind an appliance, or in an attic,
behind a picture etc.

I wouldn't use rubber gloves as sharp wire ends or other metal parts can
easily puncture through and the extra perspiration inside the gloves
would seen to me to be worse than no gloves at all.
I would use leather gloves.

Kevin