Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nospam@aol.com is offline

Default Code question on generator grounding

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 18:34:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Grounding and bonding depend on whether or not is a seperatley derived
system or not. I assume you are permanantly mounting the generator
and it is not a portable unit. I also assume you are installing a
transfer switch. Is this correct? NEC 2005 Article 250 is where to
look.

It is a permanent installation. I will not be using a transfer switch. I
will be backfeeding the panel through one of the breakers. That breaker
has a mechanical interlock which prevents both it and the main breaker
being on at the same time. (It is impossible to turn on the backfeed
breaker on unless the main is off, and impossible to turn the main breaker
on unless the backfeed breaker is off.)

Thanks for the code reference.