Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Dog eating house

"Oren" wrote

ROTFL! Remote controls, plastic beverage glasses, flip flops, etc..
Caught my dog headed out the door one day with my damn cell phone!

Hehehehe!

I read many stories about damages in the thousands of dollars. I have
a 4 YO Basenji (in the top two hardest to train).
My dog got "kicked out" of obedience 101 class (G). He wanted to eat
the other puppies.

Ohh! No!

As was mentioned, learn to be the "pack leader".

Yup. Took time to get Charlotte (14YO 2 foot type) to learn that. I kinda
picked up right away (horrible as it sounds I did some googling at SPCA
sites and their recommended ones and such, before getting a dog as I'd only
cat experience). It worked as my husband has had dogs most of his life
before getting married and he says a few of the things I read even helped
him a bit.

Our Dog still isnt well leash trained as for pulling, but he's well behaved
in all other ways with the occasional gaff like eating the PS2 controller
(we left him alone too long and he knew *we* played with it so must be a
toy!).