Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Circular Saws

"mcp6453" wrote in message
m...
The circular saw that I have had for years has the blade on the right
side. Tom Silva uses one with the blade on the left. Is there a
difference between the saws other than left blade/right blade? The few
times that I have used a circular saw, I could not see where the blade
was going. Having the blade on the left side makes a lot of sense,
since I'm right-handed.

I have used the Porter Cable "left blade" for several years and recently
bought a "left blade" Milwaukee.
I use it exclusively for cutting panel goods (plywood, MDF, etc) down to
manageable size.
I have 3', 6' and 9' guides to run the saw against for straight cuts.
I prefer the left blade saw for that use.

Max