Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Circular Saws

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:30:30 GMT, mcp6453 wrote:

The circular saw that I have had for years has the blade on the right
side. Tom Silva uses one with the blade on the left. Is there a
difference between the saws other than left blade/right blade? The few
times that I have used a circular saw, I could not see where the blade
was going. Having the blade on the left side makes a lot of sense, since
I'm right-handed.

Yep, I'm a southpaw and have been using a circular saws with blades on
the right for years. It very easy to follow a line. The only caveat
is that unless you like the taste of sawdust, you might want to use a
face shield. Some saws are worse than others for throwing sawdust.

Bill