Posted to rec.woodworking

Default McCain/Palin 2008!

Morris Dovey wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Seems like there were quite a few of those boxes at the
convention and stadium where the guy who was only going to take money
from
the common people was speaking. (Maybe his definition of common people
is a bit different than yours and mine).
I think I'd want to be a little more definitive than "seems like" before
I extended that into conclusions about anyone's internal definitions...

Morris, that comment was intended to be understated sarcasm. Fact of
the
matter is that the sky boxes at Invesco field were reserved for million
dollar donors and the kind of high-rollers that the candidate had
initially stated he was not going to seek out.

Ok - you would seem to have info that I do not (I wasn't offered the use
of one of the sky boxes for any price, and didn't see a general offer).
If it had been my shindig and I'd paid for the use of the premises, I
wouldn't have felt a need to refuse a million for the use of one of the
boxes - and neither would I have felt that accepting that million would
obligate me to deliver future favors (consider that a warning if you
were thinking of sending me a million for a week's use of a prime spot
in my shop g)

Perhaps you're aware of Obama seeking out box-renting customers. If so,
you might make a stronger case by providing some specifics...

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-demfunds16-2008aug16,0,3706902.story

There were others, but that's the one that I could find in a few minutes
of looking on ask.com

.... snip