Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default cutting angles:

Normally there is a moving joint section that is used for that.

Cutting is an option - if you get the angle correct. Remember you have
to crimp the top end to insert and it needs to be long enough.

I had a middle sized wood stove and a 16' single wall tube to the roof box.
The air conditioner / fan unit for central air input or return air was just
at the top of the wall behind the tube. We could heat the whole house
and then shut off the fan - once the house was warm.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Grant Erwin wrote:
sal wrote:

Can someone explain how I can cut an 10 in. stovepipe with an 22%
angle it is for an vent pipe on an 4-12 roof .

The correct way is with a 24" abrasive saw and an appropriately angled
block
to put between the pipe and the saw's fixed jaw.

Pipefitters working on heavier pipe in a shop would use a large bandsaw. In
the field they would carefully lay out the line and cut it with a torch.

If a large saw isn't available you can lay out the line and use a plasma
cutter freehand to make the cut. If the tube wall is thin you could cut
slightly proud of the line and then sand to the line.

Grant