Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Tooling Supplier Ideas?

In article ,
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

On 2008-09-05, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I've got a customer in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada...

They would like to buy a HSS or coated tool capable of drilling 8mm, 10mm
and 15mm in closely spaced "steps" on the drill.

Hmm ... this sounds like a metric version of a Unibit. I wonder
if they make them in metric steps? There are versions in 1/16" steps,
and other versions with three target dimensions (for conduit fittings,
IIRC), and a bunch of smaller steps joining them.

O.K. Google took me first to:

http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/59021.html

which has various ones which will combine two of your desired diameters
in one tool, but skip over a third of the diameters.

But perhaps they can make a special?

It doesn't look that hard to make one's own special unibit from O1 steel.

Joe Gwinn