Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Birth Pool Upstairs??

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Regarding home birth.. I can't let some of the comments go un-
answered! Homebirth is as safe as hospital birth for normal low-risk
births based on the statistics, this is with trasfers to hospital
taken into account.

Bollox of course it isnt, you have no access to back up facilities. You are
simply a potencial burden to the ambulance service.

Its odd that the (modern) countries that have the lowest incidence of
interventions (of any type), seem to also have the lowest rates of
infant mortality. So access to hospital services does not seem to be
that much of a benefit.

Grow up & get used to it FFS. Our NHS isn't perfect but it's probably the
best in the world. The nature of the beast is that you become a number.

Given it is the only one of its type in the world that would not be
difficult. To give it its due, maternity care is often one of its better
abilities amongst the sea of mediocrity that is much of the remainder.

--
Cheers,

John.