Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Birth Pool Upstairs??

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Tanner-'op wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

But my early death will save a fortune on pensions & care.

Oh goody, when will that be?

Hopefuly in time to return & haunt you :-)

I don't crave the attention of the NHS, in fact I'd like them to
leave me alone & stop lecturing me. My kids don't passive smoke, they
don't live at home.

If you smoke, then you crave the attention of the NHS - and did you
smoke when the kids were at home?

We only smoked in the kitchen, because they 'didn't like the smell'.
However, since passive smoking doesn't represent a health hazzard its not a
problem.

typical smokers attitude, sure any smoker can find information to back
up this claim but I can find just as many to prove it is a health risk

heres one
Secondhand smoke accounts for at least 35,000 deaths in the U.S. each
year. Though passive smoking delivers only 1 percent as much toxins as
active smoking, it has a surprisingly large effect on coronary risk: a
30 percent increase in risk, on average, compared to 80 percent for
active smoking. Research reveals some of the coronary effects occur with
even brief exposures (minutes to hours) to secondhand smoke. The
researchers found the cardiovascular system is “exquisitely sensitive”
to the toxins in secondhand smoke. There are at least a dozen effects,
which interact to endanger the heart, including:

-The smoke rapidly increases the tendency of blood to clot.

-The smoke impairs the functioning of blood vessels.

-The smoke increases atherosclerosis, party by lowering HDL (good)
cholesterol and oxidizing LDL (bad) cholesterol.

-The smoke increases chronic inflammation.

-The smoke creates cell-damaging free radicals.

-The smoke decreases the body’s levels of antioxidants (such as vitamin
C), which help protect against free radicals.

-The smoke increases insulin resistance, which may increase the risk of
Type 2 diabetes.

The smoke also increases the risk of lung cancer, respiratory disorders,
and adverse effects during pregnancy. University of California Berkeley
Wellness Letter 9/05.

Why would I want to spam a DIY group, most of whom live well away
from my operating area.? And I don't use the sig that mentions
trading standards anymore.

Well stop using the Medway Handyman signature then - which just
happens to be the name of your 'firm'. Now was that an accident or
subliminal spamming? ;-)

Read the FAQ numb nuts. I quote; "Company representatives may mention their
products, services or websites in the signature of their replies to
questions but signatures longer than four 75-character lines will be
considered abuse".

and your doing such a wonderful job representing your firm ;-)
and your next job is to repair the gunshot wound to your foot

--
Kevin R
Reply address works