Posted to alt.home.repair
The dude The dude is offline

Default Suggestions for working on Roof - fixing issues

I had an inspection completed on a house I am planning on buying
2001 new roof was done - not 100% correct
There is slight mold forming near the ends of the house.

The problems
The ridge vent has black paper covering 75%
(I need to climb up and cut this out I guess)
The bathroom vent goes direct into the attic

The roof has the ridge vent and sofit vents.
Should I add gable vents on the edges of the house?

Since the bathroom is large with a tub and shower and will be the most
used, I want to add a higher end remote fan type installation vented
through the roof. How hard is it to poke through the roof and make sure
the shingles and sealing are ok? Is this a DIY job?