Posted to alt.home.repair
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default Dog eating house

Our dog, a seven-month old Golden, seems to have taken a liking to cedar as
a snack, and is gnawing on new boards already. As a younger pup, she gnawed
on some chair rungs and the like, but nothing serious.

My golden retriever/yellow lab cross (now 15 yrs old) was a chewer too
as a pup, and yellow dogs have LONG puppyhoods. He ate ANYTHING
vinyl: garden hoses, lawn edging, spa covers, Barbie dolls, the fill
port on the water bed mattress, &tc. Not to mention my daughters' sox
and panties, a whole yard worth of redwood bender board, and other
stuff. ANd I mean ATE, not just chewed.

When he tuirned 3 yrs old or so, he just stopped.

-Zz