Posted to rec.woodworking
Tanus Tanus is offline

Default Plan and measurments

Klas from Creum wrote:
Hi to all woodworking friends,
I am doing a little bit of furniture design. I would like to know if
metric measurments would be acceptable for the US woodworker?
You may request a sample drawing from me.
Keep on your good work.
Best wishes from Sweden and Klas

I live in Canada, ostensibly a metric country. Despite that, and because
of our proximity to the US, most of our lumber at the yard is sized in
the old imperial way.

I drive in kilometers per hour, read celcius temps, and buy sliced meat
by the gram. I'm used to it.

But reading metric plans and using inch-based lumber would be very
difficult. It would add to my errors, and I don't need any help in that
department. Converting isn't a difficult process for me, but I think I'd
avoid it because I'd end up with a measurement like 3.6984".

My $0.02000000000000

--

Tanus

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/