Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Homemade 2 spindle lathe preliminary results

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 06:33:27 -0400, Wes wrote:

wrote:

So if the master spindle is unpowered and turned by hand the
other one keeps up perfectly. It's actually kind of creepy watching it
because I know there is no mechanical connection between the two.
Eric

What is the ultimate purpose of your effort? I seemed to have missed the original thread.

Wes

So that with a part spinning in one spindle the second spindle can
grab it without scratching it. Then the lathe can turnthe back side of
the part.
ERS