Richard

Default Thermostatic or electric shower from combi

I agree on the price paid to heat the water - we are lucky enough to have
Economy7 or whatever it's called these days, so I use the immersion
overnight to heat the water for the morning shower, then use the gas to heat
water during the day.

Re an earlier thread, is there an easy way to tell how big the service pipe
is off the main? Do you just use the Mk 1 eyeball and say it's 22mm?
If that is the case, what size service pipe (typically) are Victorian houses
receiving?

Thankss...R

"Owain" wrote in message
"Enoesque" wrote
| I'm about to install a new shower. I've got an 80k btu Sime combi
| boiler.
| Can anyone recommend whether it's best to install a thermostatic
| shower connected to the combi boiler, or an electric shower?

Apart from the advantages to the combi mentioned by others, heating the
shower water by gas will usually be quite a lot cheaper than by peak-rate
electricity.

Owain