Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Any good contractors?

Why, when so many people here diss HD and Lowe's, do I see trucks with
"xyz builders" or "pqr electrical contractors" or "abc plumbing" in
their parking lots a large percentage of the times I go there?

Lots of good craftsmen BUY stuff there. But the guys they hire to do
installations are the question.

Let me ask it this way ........ If Bob Farquar is a really good carpet guy,
why isn't he out installing carpet and making the full amount from custom
customers rather than hiring out to do a whole house for $100 from HD?

Hint: it's because he's no good, is an illegal, or has a drinking problem.

Steve