Skirrow

Default Simple electrics help

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem I'm having.

With the days getting colder I have started using an electric heater
in my garage. The only problem is that it has a very short power lead
so I have plugged it into a 2way extension which is plugged into a
double socket in my garage which in turn runs to a fuse box in the
garage and then into the house (into an old cooker outlet).

Anyway, the other day, after being in the garage with the heater on
for a couple of hours, I unlugged it and noticed that the plug was
warm, rather foolishly I stuck my finger on the prongs and the live
one was bloody hot.

Can anyone tell me whats causing this and what I can do to fix it as
I'm a bit scared of melting the socket or burning the garage down.

Cheers,
Dave